If you are interested in volunteering at Easterside Academy please download the application and send to the Head Teacher with an accompanying letter.
2 X LEVEL 2 Teaching Assistant Posts
KS1 and Year 5/6 Supporting SEND
Term Time Only
Hours: 32 Hrs 20 Hrs per week
Salary: Scale point 5 £13,623 for 32 Hrs £8, 514 for 20 Hrs
Contractual Status: To start as soon as possible until 31st July 2020. (Covering maternity leave)
The Academy is looking to appoint two suitably qualified and experienced TA’s to support teaching and learning in KS1 and Year 5/6.
We offer a lively, inclusive learning environment where every child is valued and ‘given the chance to shine’.
The successful candidate must have:
- Good standards of English and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of supporting the teaching and learning of Maths and English skills within school.
- Knowledge of the teaching of phonics.
- The ability to work as part of a whole school team.
- The ability to work under direction of class teachers and higher-level teaching assistants.
- Experience of working with individuals and small groups of children on directed tasks from the teacher.
- Ability and experience of keeping pupil records / notes and feeding back to the class teacher.
- Initiative and the ability to work flexibly and be adaptable.
- Ability to motivate and engage children in learning.
- Commitment to their own professional learning and engaging in training.
- A friendly and dynamic working environment.
- Excellent CPD opportunities.
- An atmosphere where the sharing of good practice and skills are encouraged – everyone is a ‘learner’.
- High expectations of pupil behaviour and pupil progress.
- Enthusiastic children!
The successful applicant must be reliable and adaptable, have positive attitudes and be able to engage actively in a wide range of activities. The successful candidate will need to show good levels of initiative.
Easterside Academy is a caring and supportive school, where we celebrate the achievement of all our pupils and strive towards continuous improvement. Our school ethos is one of commitment to the education of the whole child, fostering parental and community engagement and nurturing a sense of belonging.
The successful candidate will join a team of teaching assistants committed to raising standards and providing quality support to the teaching and learning agenda.
Easterside Academy is committed to the professional development of all staff.
Closing date: Thursday 13th February 2020
Short Listing: Friday 14th February 2020
Interviews: Monday 24th February 2020
Application packs are available from the school
Please email: email@example.com
Or phone: 01642 273006 to have an application e-mailed over to you.
Alternatively you can call into the school in person to collect a pack.
Easterside Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
There are no vacancies at present.