Curriculum focus of Sports Funding spending
At Easterside Academy we aim to develop children’s ability to excel in a broad range of physical activities.
We aim for all pupils from an early age to participate and enjoy physical education as well as understanding the benefits that being active can have on their physical and mental health in order for them to lead healthy, active lifestyles now and in the future.
Number of pupils and sport funding grant received
Total number of pupils on roll: 352
Total amount of Sports Funding Received: Approx £18,520
Proposed Nature of Spend 2021 – 22
- To continue membership of the Middlesbrough Sport Alliance.
- To continue to develop the role of the new PE lead.
- To purchase new resources to enhance and broaden the curriculum and improve children’s fitness.
- To work in partnership with Tees Valley Sport to ensure children are physically active throughout the school day.
- To improve the quality of PE sessions by developing teacher’s knowledge of and confidence to use a wide range of available resources.
- For teachers to access a range of CPD opportunities to improve the quality of teaching and aid good progress.
- Teachers to work alongside a dance teacher for 6 sessions with their class.
- Teachers to work alongside a multi skills coach for 6 sessions with their class.
- Teachers to work alongside a gymnastic coach for 6 sessions.
- To develop links with local clubs.
- Early Years staff and children to take part in Physical Development sessions delivered by a coach once a week for 10 weeks.
- To employ coaches to increase levels of activity during lunchtimes.
- For children to take part in intra-school sports half-termly.
- To increase the number of pupils (KS1 and 2) attending and experiencing competitions.
- To increase opportunities for SEND children to attend inclusive sporting events.
- To support transport and entrance to competitions locally.
- To provide resources and opportunities in order to offer an engaging and interesting School Sports Week.
- To maintain the School Games Gold Award.
- To embed the principles of the School Games Values in PE lessons and recognise how the benefits of being physically active can apply to competition, sport and other broader aspects of life.
- To develop the opportunities for PE within the wider school curriculum and other enrichment activities e.g. linking to topics, experiencing alternative sports and memorable physical activities/experiences.
- To train new members of staff to deliver Change 4 Life programme in order to promote a healthy lifestyle for less active children.