Curriculum focus of Sports Funding spending
At Easterside Academy we aim to develop an enjoyment of sport and physical activity, while promoting a healthy lifestyle in children from an early age.
Number of pupils and sport funding grant received
Total number of pupils on roll: 352
Total amount of Sports Funding Received: Approx £18,520
Proposed Nature of Spend 2020 – 21
- To continue membership of the Middlesbrough Sport Alliance.
· To develop new PE leader role.
· To purchase new resources to enhance the curriculum and children’s fitness.
· To work in partnership with Tees Valley Sport to ensure children are physically active throughout
the school day.
· To develop teacher’s knowledge and confidence to use a range of resources to improve the
quality of PE lessons.
· For teachers to access a wide range of CPD opportunities to improve the quality of teaching and
aid good progress.
· Teachers to work alongside a dance teacher for 6 sessions with their class.
· Teachers to work alongside a multi skills coach for 6 sessions with their class.
· Teachers to work alongside a tennis coach for 6 sessions.
· Teachers to work alongside a gymnastic coach for 6 sessions.
· To invest in Get Set 4 PE resource tool to improve planning and assessment across PE.
· To develop links with five local clubs.
· Nursery staff and children to take part in Funky Feet once a week for 10 weeks.
· To employ coaches to increase levels of activity during lunchtimes.
· For children to take part in intra-school sports half-termly.
· To increase the number of pupils (KS1 and 2) attending level 2 competitions.
· To increase opportunities for children to attend inclusive events.
· To support transport and entrance to competitions locally.
· To achieve the School Games Gold Award.
· To embed the principles of the School Games in PE lessons.
· To develop the opportunities for PE within the wider school curriculum e.g. linking to topics.
· To train new members of staff to deliver Change 4 Life programme in order to promote a healthy lifestyle for less active children.